Rules to get your Heel Pain(Plantar fasciitis) Better Quick!
- No Barefoot!! You need to have support on your feet at all time something with a good arch support, Oofos as seen on Amazon here or Powerstep Flip Flops, if you are used to being barefoot a flip flop like these are a nice compromise
- Look at your sneakers, if they are flat with not a great arch then it is time to get some new shoes.
- Even really good shoes sometimes need a little arch support, we have the Powerstep arch supports in the office that are a great support for plantar fasciitis if you need it
- Ice, we tell everyone to get a bottle of water and freeze it, take it our of the freezer and roll it back and forth under the arch for about 20 minutes twice a day(that is like 2 Netflix shows)
- Stretch!!! You have to stretch your calf muscles like the picture below. (Dr. McGowan is not an artist but you get the idea) Stretching the calf muscles believe or not helps you get rid of your plantar fasciitis quicker. Stretch each leg for 15 seconds three times for each stretch in one session and then aim to stretch for at least 3 times a day. We always recommend stretching both legs, even if only one is hurting it is good to get used to stretching both legs daily forever.